Monday, September 1, 2014

My Shaw's Healthy Deals for the Week of August 29th!


Here's a little insight into my shopping and prepping for this week's 
FREE clean eating challenge!  
These are the healthy deals I got at Shaw's today, my usual couponing stomping ground!

  
8 cans of Del Monte Mixed Veggies, Regularly $1.25 each
"Reduced to Clear" at 50% off, so 8 cans were only $5.00.  
PLUS, I had two coupons for $1 off 4, so I paid $3 for all 8 cans, only $.38 each!

5 bags of Orchard Valley Almonds only $1 each for 2 ounce packages, regularly $1.67 each.  There are enough in each for two snacks for me, so I'll grab one each morning and have half with each snack!

Light String Cheese...as you may have noticed previously, I am a CHEESE ADDICT!  So, allowing myself a little treat is key, and if you join our challenge, you'll see that I have one every day!  These are usually $5.49 each, on sale for $3.99 and I had 2 $.55 off 1 coupons which doubled, so my final price was $2.89 for each pack of 12!

Cracker Barrel Cheddar Cheese Slices, regularly $4.99, sale price $3.99, plus there's a $1 off coupon in this month's "Big Book of Savings".  Check the flyer racks where the weekly ad is, and they're right there!  Only $2.99!

Kraft Fat Free Italian Dressing, regularly $3.19, sale price $2.50, plus I had a coupon for $.75 off 1 which doubled..only $1.  Now, this is not a clean food, but it's a great option for a healthy dressing or even a marinade!

3 pound bag of carrots, Regularly $2.29, sale price $1.88

Now for the KEY to my clean eating lifestyle and my prep day...chicken!  My rule is to buy at $1.99 per pound or less, and this week you can actually get it for that price at either Shaw's OR Hannaford!  What would have been $15.73 was only $10.47!

And...this is the result!  I got five breasts in the package, three of which I trimmed, sliced into smaller portions.  I just baked them with some black pepper, italian seasoning and minced garlic!  This will make for six meals worth of lean, tasty, CLEAN protein!!!


I rounded out the rest of my shopping at Hannaford...stay tuned for more deals and more healthy, clean recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment