Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Attention all Sauce, Dressing and Dip Lovers!!!

I've found that the key to finding success in any eating plan or lifestyle change is to avoid focusing on what you can't have, and maintaining focus solely on what you can have!  One of my primary vices is what I put ON my food to make it tasty or even tolerable.  It was drilled into my head very early on that ranch dressing was the perfect mask for the taste of broccoli, veggies should be swimming in italian dressing when given the chance, and pasta is best when covered in sauce and cheese.  I have had to re-program my thinking, and it has been made so much easier when I re-direct my thinking from my sauce obsession, and become "addicted" to getting creative with alternatives!  

My favorite recipe to date is one I created somewhat on my own, by tweaking several I found online.  This is one of my favorite things to do, and is almost always how I cook...I NEVER follow a recipe exactly!  


You will need...

1 Avocado
2 Tablespoons of Light EVOO
1-2 Teaspoons of minced garlic, depending on your taste
The juice of half a lemon
1/4 Teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
1/2 Teaspoon of salt
1/4 Cup fresh cilantro 

Start by blending the EVOO, garlic and lemon juice until smooth.  Then, add pitted avocado, salt, pepper and cilantro.  In no time, you have the perfect substitute for...

  • Salad dressing
  • Veggie Dip
  • Sour Cream (seriously, use this instead!)
  • Mayo on sandwiches
  • or anything else you use to "mask" your healthy foods!!!
Today, this was a key part of my clean lunch!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment