Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sweet Potato Corn Chowder...My Version!

As you may be able to tell by now, I don't march to the beat of anyone else's drum, and I hardly ever follow a recipe exactly!  So, I use this forum to share with you what I actually cook, based on ideas I get from Pinterest.  This week, I modified a Sweet Potato Corn Chowder recipe to fit my pantry, and my taste!

My Ingredients:

3 Medium Sweet Potatoes
3 Cups of Frozen Corn (of course you could use fresh, but I'm all about simplifying!) 
1 Medium White Onion
2 Tablespoons of EVOO
3-4 Cloves of Garlic (I used 3T of jarred minced garlic)
4 Cups of Vegetable Broth (Low Sodium is ideal)
2 Cups of Water
1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon of Thyme
1 Teaspoon of Rosemary
Salt and Pepper to Taste

First, dice the onion and cook it in a large soup pot with the EVOO until the onions are tender.  Then, add the garlic, salt, pepper, cinnamon and sweet potatoes.  Sauté for an additional minute or two.  Add the broth and water, and cook until the potatoes are fork tender.

Blend the mixture well in a food processor or blender.  Return to the stove, and add the corn, thyme, rosemary and more salt/pepper if needed.  Cook until the corn is cooked through, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment